Halesowen Town 4 Kidlington 1

Halesowen maintained their 100% start to the season and secured another three points with three early goals in a breathtaking opening 20-minute spell.

Robbie Bunn fired a low drive past the post in the 3rd minute from Halesowen’s first corner of the evening. But the Yeltz soon raced into a three goal lead as Kidlington struggled to cope with the home side’s strength and pace.

In the 7th minute Bunn played a ball out for Montel Gibson down the right and his low cross along goal was turned home by Jamie MOLYNEUX. Gibson then played a good ball into the danger area for Molyneux to be blocked in front of goal.

Reece HEWITT doubled the lead in the 19th minute when his fine individual strike from 25 yards beat goalkeeper Christian Lawrence. Yates then went close but the ball was crossed back in by Molyneux for GIBSON to find the net and make it 3-0 after just 21 minutes. In continued one-way traffic Gibson struck the side netting in the 23rd minute at the end of another flowing move.

Kidlington gradually weathered the early storm and their captain Lewis Gabbidon headed at home goalkeeper Brendon Bunn from a 36th minute free-kick. Lewis Coyle then rattled the Yeltz crossbar with a direct free-kick from the edge of the area a minute before the interval.

After the break Yates curled just wide in the 55th minute following a through ball of real quality from James Bowen and Molyneux made an excellent run forward three minutes later, only for the ball to just evade Gibson at the far post.

But the Yeltz were inevitably more subdued after the break in a spell where they picked up three yellow cards and Kidlington pulled a goal back in the 70th minute after sloppy defensive play gifted the ball for substitute Bradley SINGH to roll the ball into an empty net.

In the final minutes substitute Jamie Lucas headed Bunn’s 81st minute corner over the bar and visiting goalkeeper Lawrence clawed away Hewitt’s shot a minute later. Andy PARSONS made it 4-1 and a fair reflection of play in the final minute when he powered a header home from a right-wing corner despite goalkeeper Lawrence getting a hand to the ball.

Halesowen Town: Brendon Bunn; Jamie Ashmore, James Bowen, Joshua Hawker, Paul McCone (c), Andrew Parsons, Reece Hewitt, Robbie Bunn (Jordan Piggott 86), Montel Gibson, Luke Yates (Lewis Wright 74), Jamie Molyneux (Jamie Lucas 69). Subs Not Used: Bradley Catlow, Lee Hughes.

Kidlington: Christian Lawrence; Jacob Blackstock, Thomas Castle, Marvin Martin, Daniel West, Lewis Gabbidon (c), Lewis Coyle (Bradley Singh 67), Elliott Osborne-Ricketts (Ben Willoughby 48), Anaclet Odhiambo (Christopher Jordan 83), Declan Benjamin, Leam Howards. Sub Not Used: Harry Williams.

Referee: Richard Watson Attendance: 503
Booked: Gabbidon (38), Gibson (68), Ashmore (72), Parsons (78)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Mankini Dave: Paul McCone
SevenCapital logo black.png
Tulleys Logo.jpg
© Halesowen Town Football Club 1873-2019