Buildbase FA Trophy Preliminary Round Replay – Tuesday, 15th October 2019

Halesowen Town 3 Evesham United 0

Livewire Luke Yates grabbed a brace as Halesowen hit three goals past Evesham to set up a home tie against Stamford in the next stage of the FA Trophy.

At the start of a lively first half, Yates had a good 2nd minute shot blocked and Josh Hawker forced a corner from the rebound. Saturday’s goalscorer Harry Franklin burst through the centre of the home defence to drive just wide after 9 minutes but the Yeltz went close again after 17 minutes when Yates nipped in and lobbed over goalkeeper Lochlan Robertson, only for an Evesham defender to make a last ditch goal-line clearance.

Montel Gibson forced a flying save from Robertson with a good strike to earn a 21st minute corner and another corner followed four minutes later after Evesham lost possession and the final ball from Yates was turned past his own post by former Yeltz midfielder Danny Bragoli.

Halesowen grabbed the lead after 36 minutes when Robertson punched Hawker’s shot away but the ball fell for YATES to smack home from 15 yards. Yates then crossed for Gibson’s header to be well saved by Robertson after 39 minutes and Robbie Bunn nodded wide just before the interval.

Brendon Bunn replaced Bradley Catlow in goal for the replay and he held onto a 40th minute Kai Tonge shot after previously saving another low shot from the same player earlier in the half.

After the interval Hawker set Reece Hewitt free on goal but Robertson made a good save at the end of an excellent move. GIBSON soon doubled Halesowen’s lead in the 54th minute after flicking the ball over the goalkeeper Robertson and completing the job by hitting the ball into the roof of the net. A 62nd minute corner was cleared off the line by Jordan Sangha as the Yeltz continued to create chances.

Evesham’s task was made even harder in the 71st minute when substitute Billy Howard received a straight red card for a challenge on James Bowen just seven minutes after being introduced to the game. Late on, an 86th minute shot from Ashley Sammons was saved by Robertson from a short corner and Robbie Bunn fired into the side-netting a minute later. Sangha fired past the post in the 89th minute for the ten-man Robins.

The Yeltz made it 3-0 in added time when YATES fired a low shot across the penalty area from the right and the ball was deflected into the corner of the net by defender Bradley Maslen-Jones.

Halesowen Town: Brendon Bunn; Jordan Piggott, James Bowen (Lewis Wright 76), Ashley Sammons, Paul McCone (c), Robert Evans, Joshua Hawker (Jamie Molyneux 60), Robbie Bunn, Montel Gibson (Jamie Lucas 83), Reece Hewitt, Luke Yates. Subs Not Used: Jamie Ashmore, Bradley Catlow (GK).

Evesham United: Lochlan Robertson; Brian Smikle (Paul Sullivan 51), Taylor Morrison, Aaron Roberts, Bradley Maslen-Jones, Harry Franklin (Billy Howard 64), Matt Dodd (Joe O’Neil 64), Danny Bragoli, Kai Tonge, Lee Chilton, Jordan Sangha. Subs Not Used: Adam Page, Mark Magee.

Referee: Andrew Ellis Attendance: 389
Booked: Tonge (57)
Sent Off: Howard (71)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Nigel Moseley: Luke Yates

SevenCapital logo black.png
Tulleys Logo.jpg
© Halesowen Town Football Club 1873-2019